Orange County truck accidents can result in catastrophic injuries or even death. Generally speaking, the occupants of the passenger vehicle suffer major injuries and the driver of the truck walks away unharmed. Immediately after the accident families usually focus on the issues that affect them at the moment and rarely consider the possible long-term financial costs.
Truck drivers are not always at fault for the accidents, but if they are both driver and their employers could be held liable. You will need a personal injury lawyer who can investigate all of the circumstances around your truck accident injury.
There are many different causes of trucking accidents. Some accidents might result from a series of facts, including negligent driving, mechanical problems, and road or weather conditions. The most common causes are:
- Fatigued driving: many truck drivers tend to ignore the laws regarding how long they can drive, which results in lost concentration or falling asleep at the wheel
- Improperly or overloaded trailers
- Limited visibility: trucks can have blind spots directly behind, in front and on the sides
- Poor maintenance: faulty brakes and defective tires are especially dangerous
- Inexperienced driving
- Dangerous roads
Regardless of what the causes of the accident , if you are the victim it is advisable for you to speak with a personal injury attorney to discuss the legal options. Because the potential financial costs of such an accident are extremely high, the lawyer should conduct a knowledgeable investigation into all possible causes of the collision. Uncovering all possible causes allows him or her to file suit against all relevant defendants. this may include the driver and or the company he works with.
If you were involved in a truck accident, you may be experiencing an overwhelming burden of medical treatment, household and medical bills, and concerns about lost wages and the loss of your car or other property. Soon after the accident a representative of the trucking company or their insurance company will contact you to make a statement. In order to receive proper compensation you will need competent legal assistance.
What should you expect your truck accident attorney to do?
- Provide an investigator to make a report which includes photos and measurements
- File required paperwork to halt any repairs on the truck which might alter the evidence
- Make sure that the victim receives the best medical care possible for the injuries
- Build the case as soon as possible and aggressively fight for the victim’s rights
If you or a loved one have been injured in a truck accident, contact the Orange County Law Office of personal injury lawyer Jeffrey Dawson. As an accident attorney who used to work for the insurance companies, Jeff has a unique perspective on how to deal with those companies, and achieve the best settlement offer for your truck accident.