When you are in a Costa Mesa auto wreck there are several things to do and not to do. Knowing what is the right thing to do ahead of time may save you legal headaches in case you are ever involved in a Costa Mesa car accident.
* Always call 911 if there are medical injuries as soon as possible after all Costa Mesa auto wrecks.
* Write as much in the way of information about the Costa Mesa car accident and the insurance from the other party. Include names, insurance, phone numbers, and addresses
* Get as many pictures as possible.
* Make sure to file a police report
* Keep track of all medical bills, time off from work and other inconveniences from the accident.
There are also things that you do not want to do after the Costa Mesa car crash:
* Do not ever admit that it is your fault to anyone. Allow the insurance companies to investigate and do what they have to do
* Most importantly, do not let anyone give you any money or payments unless the court or lawyer does it.
The time between missing any work, going to appointments, and other things related to the Costa Mesa auto wrecks can be a great hardship and should be documented. Oftentimes after a Costa Mesa auto accident, one can suffer a great deal of pain, and headaches that were from the car crash. It can be expected that the victim may have sprains, whiplash, and other pain disorders. Most of these injuries can get help through Physical Therapy or care by a Chiropractor. Even if the automobile is fixed, that does not mean the person is. Some injuries which were not immediately apparent may need ongoing treatment.
Quite often Costa Mesa car accident cases do not go to court or trial, there is a settlement prior to that. A good Costa Mesa car accident lawyer will be able to fight for your rights and get you what you deserve.