dog bite attack,dog attack victim
Know How to Avoid a Dog Bite Attack
We all know that dogs are man’s best friend, right? But, dogs are still just animals, and bites are, unfortunately, not uncommon. Do you know the best ways to potentially avoid a dog bite attack? Some known vicious dog breeds can deliver a devastating dog bite attack. But, Friendly Fido deliver a deadly attack too. Even just a small bite can leave serious medical injuries which can have long lasting and serious effects. Knowing these tips may help you to avoid being a dog attack victim.
* Make sure that you are aware of any dogs around you. Be familiar with your surroundings and on alert for the behavior of the dogs. Are the dogs growling, seem aggressive for no reason? Put as much space between you and the dog as possible. Do not move in a threatening way. Move slowly.
* Do not make eye contact with a strange dog, as this may bring on the “Alpha Dog” behavior in which they need to be in control. This may make a dog feel he needs to exert power and show that he is the dominant one. Avoid this type of conflict at all costs.
* Do not assume that because a dog is on a leash or other restraint he is controlled. Dog attacks often come from a restrained dog or from a dog who is on a leash and the owner cannot control them.
* Dogs who are unleashed can quickly develop a pack mentality. If you see one or more dogs together, assume that you may be in danger of a pack attack.
* Never touch an unknown dog. Even if the owner says it is a good dog, it may be in unknown or unfamiliar circumstances, and it is hard to predict how it will react. Do not reach out to pet a strange animal, ask first, then slowly put your hand out in a ball for the dog to sniff. If it seems appropriate, proceed to petting.
* Common sense tells us to not approach a barking, snarling or growling dog. Do you know that you should never approach a dog who is eating, sleeping, or nursing as well? This may make a dog feel insecure and forced to be on the defensive.
Dog bite attacks can be horrible and traumatic. Learning how to avoid one can literally save a life. If you have been involved in a dog bite attack, contact the law offices of Jeffrey S. Dawson to discuss your potential dog bite lawsuit settlement.