Road Hazards and the Motorcycle
Motorcycle riding can be fun and is on the rise, partly due to the large increase in gasoline prices. Riding a bike can be far less expensive than driving a car. However, one consequence of new riders is that they are inexperienced, and may not be fully aware of the numerous hazards which are present on many of the well travelled roads. Seemingly simple road conditions such as an uneven pavement or a loose rock in the road that would never bother a car, can be extremely dangerous for a motorcyclist and be the cause of a serious motorcycle accident.
One key thing for a new motorcyclist is to be constantly on guard and aware of their surroundings. A car who quickly changes lanes without a signal can be deadly, as well as something as simple as something wet on the pavement. Wet leaves, or debris and pose a hazard. Learn ahead of time the common road hazards for motorcycles and you can possibly avoid serious motorcycle accident injuries.
Common Road Hazards Include:
- Uneven lane edge – common on freeways, this probably wouldn’t be felt by a car or truck, but can present a danger for a bike, especially at a high speed of travel.
- Uneven pavement – A bumpy road, or one that is disrepair can also present a significant hazard.
- Animals and wildlife – from a stray dog to a low flying bird, nature presents a different set of situations for a motorcycle rider. Trying to avoid a collision may not be the best answer, swerving is a common cause of a serious injury accident.
- Rain, in an area that has not had recent rainfall can be particularly dangerous. Occasional rain makes the roads very slick with motor oil and result in a crash. Standing water in the roadway can cause hydroplaning, and can be deadly.
- Debris in the road – a thrown tire tread, fallen items or trash carelessly thrown on the road can cause injury and accidents, be aware!
Knowing what to expect can help to alleviate a serious motorcycle accident. One thing to note – always expect the unexpected! If you weren’t able to avoid the accident, make sure you avoid another disaster- that of not getting the right personal injury settlement amounts. Consult with an Orange County motorcycle lawyer who can give you the best information and help you to get the best personal injury claim settlement for you as possible.
You want an Irvine motorcycle lawyer who will fight for you and be able to advise you of your rights. Fighting with the insurance company is something to be done by someone with experience. You need an attorney in your corner like Jeff Dawson. With years of experience fighting for client’s rights against insurance companies, he has the skills and knowledge to get the best settlement possible for you. Contact the law offices of Jeffrey S. Dawson today. He will fight for you like no one else.