What is the Right Course of Action After a Motorcycle Accident ?
As motorcycle riding has become more accepted as a means of economical transportation, throughout California, the unfortunate outcome is an increase in serious accidents. As the number of motorcycle enthusiasts increases, so too, unfortunately do motorcycle accidents. One of the reasons for the increase in riders is primarily due to a decline in the economy. Since motorcycles are less expensive to acquire initially, and operate than a car or truck, many cost conscious consumers are turning to a scooter or motorcycle for transportation.
One of the unfortunate realities is the increase of serious and even deadly accidents which result in very serious injuries or death, with the need of a motorcycle lawyer to help file your motorcycle injury accident case. Being involved in a serious motorcycle accident can be extremely traumatic. Perhaps you were seriously injured and not even aware that you were transported to the emergency room. It may have all happened so quickly that you don’t even really know what happened.
In case you are involved in an accident, being informed ahead of time about what to do after an accident can be helpful in avoiding even more trouble. The following suggestions can help with your motorcycle accident claim.
- Seek immediate emergency medical care for anyone involved
- If your injuries do not require immediate medical care, DO NOT leave the scene. Stay until police arrive, and assist the officer in filing a report
- Get the names and addresses of those involved in the accident, as well as their driver’s license number and insurance information. Make note of the other vehicles involved
- Get the same information from any witnesses as well
- Do not discuss details with anyone except police
- Make notes and take pictures of damages and the surrounding area or injuries
- Contact your insurance company, advise them of what you said, when and to whom
You should seek competent legal advice as soon as possible. You want a motorcycle lawyer who will fight for you and be able to advise you of your rights. Fighting with the insurance company is something to be done by someone with experience. You need an attorney in your corner like Jeff Dawson. With years of experience fighting for client’s rights against insurance companies, he has the skills and knowledge to get the best settlement possible for you. Contact the law offices of Jeffrey S. Dawson today. He will fight for you like no one else.