|hit and run personal injury lawyers,|
|San Clemente Hit and Run Car Accident,|
|Hit and run lawyer,|
|flee the scene|
Were You the Victim of a San Clemente Hit and Run Car Accident?
Thousands of drivers are involved in a hit and run car accident each year. Hundreds of accidents go unreported, and hundreds more go unresolved. Guilty drivers normally flee the scene of an accident, if they have no insurance, or no drivers’ license. Both of these are criminal acts which can land the guilty party in jail. If you are the victim of a hit and run car accident, do not take matters in your own hands. Contact a hit and run lawyer right away. When someone flees the scene of an accident, criminal charges may apply.
Steps to Take Following a Hit and Run Car Accident
*Write down the driver’s license number. If pen and paper is not available, use a cell phone to take pictures of the fleeing car.
*Get the make and model of the car. Get the color, the year of the car and the make.
* Try to get an idea of the driver (male or female).
* Call 911 right away. Report any injuries, or any damage to private property.
* Look for witnesses. Check the area to see if anyone saw the accident. Get names and cell phone numbers.
* Contact your insurance company. Give them the accident report number.
* Go to the local hospital for an exam, even if no external injuries are noticeable.
* Contact a hit and run lawyer. Do not wait, talk to an experienced lawyer concerning your rights.
What to Expect From Your Lawyer
Your lawyer is looking out for your best interests. If you are a victim of a hit and run, chances are you have no idea who hit you. Now you have to deal with losing time off from work, in addition to paying your hospital bills. Your attorney can help protect your rights, even with your own insurance company. Hit and run personal injury lawyers have experience with insurance companies.
Your attorney may insist that you not give a statement of record, or sign any paperwork, until the two of you have spoken. Your insurance company is not always in your corner. They want to save as much money as possible.
The sooner the attorney can get the paperwork and look at the evidence, the sooner your lawyer can begin building your case. Time is of the essence, because the scene of the crime changes constantly. Do not be left in the dark, choose hit and run personal injury lawyers who care about you and your needs.